- Leave instructions for new owners
- Ensure owners of your new home leave operating instructions of the alarm for you
- Arrange to have any carpets cleaned
- Check cupboards and draws are empty
- Arrange for cleaning company to do a final clean
- Assemble all documents that you will need during and shortly after the move
- Make sure to have passports and driving license in your possession
- It’s always helpful – and appreciated - to leave a folder of relevant documents behind for new home owners, such as warranties for white goods you are leaving, operating instructions etc.
- Arrange with family and friends or a local kennels or cattery to look after your pets on removal day to avoid causing them any stress
- Purchase pet carries if required
- Inform Royal Mail you are moving and set up re-direction of post to new address
- Advise your internet or broadband company of your change of address. Will you need to install broadband in your new home and is broadband with your existing company available in your new home?